Experienced body man needed.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Critical Thinking: Auto body techs must be able to look at a damage vehicle and assess what it will take to repair it, as well as cost.
- Customer Service: Working with customers in a stressful situation, like after an accident needs to be handled calmly and in a friendly way.
- Attention to Detail: Having good eyes for detail is necessary when trying to get a car back to looking like new.
- Dexterity: Auto body techs need free range of motion in their hands and arms to work with small parts and small spaces.
- Technical Skills: Auto body techs use a wide range of tools and equipment to assess and repair cars
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window-and-seat-operating equipment, and trim to gain access to vehicle body and fenders.
- Fill depressions with body filler.
- Bolt or weld replacement parts in position, using wrenches or welding equipment.
- File, grind and sand repaired surfaces.
- Paint surfaces after performing body repairs.
- Repair or replace defective mechanical parts
- Must have own tools